Our CoverOur insurance policies
Our musicianinsurance.ie policy is designed to cover all musical instruments, whether classical instruments, electronic instruments or digital equipment. We insure all types of instruments including Oboe, Double Bass, Piccolo, Bassoon, Trombone, Horn, Bagpipes, Cello, Viola, Violin, Harps, Piano, Harpsichords… if you play it we are likely to insure it!
In addition to insuring your musical instrument you can insure your bow, amp, case etc.
You can also purchase third party liability cover under our musicianinsurance.ie policy.
What kind of musician are you?
- Semi pro
- Keen amateur
- Casual player
Our musicianinsurance.ie policy is designed as a musical instrument policy for professional or semi pro musicians or keen amateurs:
- have instruments of any value or require worldwide cover
- take a lot of equipment out of home
- undertake regular gigs and concerts
- travel and play overseas
- might be paid to play
- require public liability insurance (third party liability insurance)
Features of the musicianinsurance.ie policy:
- Cover for loss, theft or accidental damage
- Unlimited sums assured
- Options of Worldwide cover, EU only and Premises only
- Public liability excluded but option to include at €1.3m, €2.6m or €6.5m
- No excess as standard, but the option to include an excess of €100 or €250
Why should I insure my instruments separately to my home insurance?
Please consider the following:
- If you take it out of the home, say to school or a gig, you will need to check that your household policy covers this (normally an out of home extension is required).
- This extension will normally have a single item limit. Is your instrument below this limit?
- Will it cover loss/ theft for a building e.g. a concert hall/ school or if left on a school bus?
- What is your policy excess – typically €100, €250 etc.?
- Will a claim following damage to your instrument affect your Contents No Claims Discount (if applicable?)
- Will your contents insurers know where to repair your instrument?
- If you damage your instrument would your contents policy pay for a loan of an instrument to enable you to continue to play an instrument?
Why should I choose a specialist insurer like musicianinsurance.ie?
A specialist policy covers your instrument in and outside the home in the Republic Of Ireland and can be extended to cover the instrument on a worldwide basis.
A standard €0 policy excess applies (although you can consider taking an excess if required)
Policy extensions to include loaning of instrument.
Other benefits include:
- Worldwide, Ireland and Premises only cover options
- Theft cover
- Accidental damage cover
- Loss cover
- Unspecified musical accessory cover comes as standard
- Unattended vehicle cover
- Hire costs in the event of a claim
- 14 days free cover when you borrow/acquire a new instrument